Celebrate National Sewing Month.
Meet the sewing gauge! Some sewists say that the sewing gauge is one of their favorite tools. Taking quick consistent measurements is a necessary part of many sewing projects, and the sewing gauge is up for the task. Its got a sliding marker that can be moved and will stay in place for repeated marking. You’ll be surprised at all the ways you’ll use this guy!
Sewing gauge, how will I use thee? Let’s count the ways:
- To measure and mark hems.
- To mark seam allowances and hems on pattern alterations and designs.
- To mark buttonhole spacing and length.
- To evenly space tucks and pleats.
- To draw scallops and circles.
Wow! Don’t you agree that this is one handy little tool?